As China is the only country where Google is not the king in the area of search advertising, many companies overseas consider opening a Baidu account to enter the huge Chinese market. However, it is important to know beforehand how Baidu is different from Google.
Today, let’s talk about the very first step of entering the Chinese market: how to open a Baidu overseas account?
- Unlike Google Adwords, Baidu Fengchao does not support multi-account management. This means, marketing agencies are not allowed to manage different account of different customers under one account.
- If you company is located overseas, and have no office in China, you cannot contact Baidu service itself; instead, you need to contact one of the following marketing agencies:
These agencies are officially authorised by Baidu to open accounts. To choose which agency depends on in which country your company is located.
4 Steps to open an account:
- Contact the agency that is responsible for your country and sign a contract;
- Submit the following documents to the agency:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Passport scan of your company’s CEO
- Other documents might be needed depending on the industry of the company
- After submission, the agency will contact you if it is successful.
- After the success of account launch, you can start building up the account. Usually you agency will give you a brief introduction and help you in creating campaign, ads and keywords.
Enjoy the different experience in Baidu!